The 2005 Honda Hybrid ad

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The 2005 Honda Hybrid ad

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

What a haunting yet beautiful little melody.

Must find and have...
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

[web]http://therumormill.com/[/web]
press play reel....it's J Ralph. He will be releasing it soon on a compilation of other commercial ad work...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Does it have something to do with being bohemian like you?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Did you ever go to that Modest Mouse show?
lovebuzz
Still thinking about a new title

Post by lovebuzz »

dins likes MM ?

they put on a solid live show.

i likes.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

As much as I like Modest Mouse I always thought they were one of the worst live bands I have ever seen.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Didn't issue MM.

Of the tracks I've heard, they sound like a dreadful band. Your comments on the live shows won't help.

But since transplant dude decided he's Mr. Portland now(since it worked so well for Art Alexakis), I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere. He'll probably end up playing the Bite, or some such thing. I'd hate to sully my beautiful image of the Crystal by going to a shit band there.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well I know you wouldn't issue anything that's actually good, but if my memory serves me right, I recall that you were considering the possibility of checking them out one night. Maybe it was some other band I like and you really hate, even though you haven't heard them.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

From what I've heard of MM, they're not "good" by any stretch of the imagination.

And let's not get started on your credibilty on what is and isn't "good," what say?

Just because they appeal to your newfound "teen angst," doesn't make them good, despite how "sonically massive" you may think they are.

I was considering issuing, because I think I had them confused with someone else. They were playing 5 consecutive shows.

MM is Zepplin for gay people, set to a drum machine. Not good. I think they need to be more repetitious.....not.
lovebuzz

Post by lovebuzz »

Dinsdale wrote:From what I've heard of MM, they're not "good" by any stretch of the imagination.

MM is Zepplin for gay people, set to a drum machine. Not good. I think they need to be more repetitious.....not.
wrong on both counts.

and so is that other moron, in regards to the live MM experience.

way wrong.

baaa.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

!zzubevol wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:From what I've heard of MM, they're not "good" by any stretch of the imagination.

wrong on both counts.

and so is that other moron, in regards to the live MM experience.

way wrong.

baaa.
If you caught them on a good night, congrats. They're notorious for bad live shows.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:MM is Zepplin for gay people, set to a drum machine. Not good. I think they need to be more repetitious.....not.
I have angst like a teen. You talk like a teen. I win.
lovebuzz

Post by lovebuzz »

i might have simple expectations from a live show...

they sounded awesome, deece musicianship, they were fun, i was tipsy and in good company, so...

i guess i just meant that i dig some of their old stuff a lot, and they played a lot of it, and well.

it completely sucks to go pay a load of cayshe to see someone, and then they sound so fucking bad, that like - you figure the only way (most artists today i guess) they even sell any records at all, is cause of the studio wizards...

i've never heard anything about MM being known for sucky live shows. then again, i don't know anybody into them at all...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It's an entertaining show, for sure, it's just not a show of high quality musicianship. It just all depends on WHY you go to shows to begin with, though. I like to have a nice little balance of both. They like to get the crowd out of mere head-bopping mode, and into a four on the floor frenzy. They do this by repetitious, thumping bass lines which tend to drown out all the other instrumental nuances, which "real" fans normally enjoy from the original studio recordings.

In this sense, Dins is correct in his assessment of the band, but ONLY from a live standpoint. I'd hope his sole judgement of the band is not based entirely on MM's newest release, because all their stuff prior is music so different, that it could probably be given a different genre altogether.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

god loves the flaming lips
lovebuzz

Post by lovebuzz »

that's not what He told Me...

mr. cutting - *shrugs* as i said, they were solid musicians when i saw them. for as long as they've been together, playing and whatever - they should be.

at any rate, i get what yer saying. i pretty much think EVERYBODY thinks whatever they do about MM based on the last release. which i like, but agree with you that it's so completely different from anything else they've put out before. another reason why i'm diggen on them, i guess. that they have the ability to do that, rather than what most do - recycle the same shit, year after year, well...

to each his own, i guess.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i want to see modest mouse and fuck all you haters. i can't wait to hear cowboy dan, interstate 8, never ending math equasion, broke, and the good times are killing me live.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Never heard of J Ralph.
Moby must've run out of songs to pimp out to advertisers. :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)