Go ahead and crown the Red Sox....it's over

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Go ahead and crown the Red Sox....it's over

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

There's no question that the ALCS is through at this point.

Put this right up there with The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot over Ehlo, and Labron going to the Lakers next year.

The Choke is all but complete, Cleveland fan.

As far as the WS goes, the Rockies will sneak a win in but it will be a five game series. They are a complete fraud, and the layoff will cool them down. The fairytale is over. They are a some and mirrors team that has no shot vs. the Red Sox

Boston in 5.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: Go ahead and crown the Red Sox....it's over

Post by Cuda »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:There's no question that the ALCS is through at this point.

Put this right up there with The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot over Ehlo, and Labron going to the Lakers next year.

The Choke is all but complete, Cleveland fan.

As far as the WS goes, the Rockies will sneak a win in but it will be a five game series. They are a complete fraud, and the layoff will cool them down. The fairytale is over. They are a some and mirrors team that has no shot vs. the Red Sox

Boston in 5.
Didn't the Rocks kick the Red Flops ass this year in interleague play?

And didn't this happen AT Fenway?

2 reasons the Rocks didn't sweep: Jeremy, Affeldt
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Re: Go ahead and crown the Red Sox....it's over

Post by godzilla2002 »

Cuda wrote:Didn't the Rocks kick the Red Flops ass this year in interleague play?
They only took 2 out of 3 including a 7-1 win against Beckett, and out scored Boston 21-5 for the series
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

jake westbrook is going to win the pennant for the tribe. dice k is a guaranteed L. should throw beckett back out there.

put that down in your fucking books.

cream cheese and carmona should be released by next week. combined 0-for-4 this series and with nothing to show for it.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Screw_Michigan wrote:jake westbrook is going to win the pennant for the tribe. dice k is a guaranteed L. should throw beckett back out there.
put that down in your fucking books....
Beckett makes his appearance in the 4th when the Indians are leading 4-0.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

nahhh beck will show up in the third. it will be 3 all at the time.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Trampis wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:jake westbrook is going to win the pennant for the tribe. dice k is a guaranteed L. should throw beckett back out there.
put that down in your fucking books....
Beckett makes his appearance in the 4th when the Indians are leading 4-0.

Getting through 4 innings is key for the Red Sox. If they throw Beckett tonight for 2 or 3 innings, they're probably still able to go back to him on Thursday for Game 2 so Francona can't be too stingy with using him. If Dice-K and the Sox have the lead going into the 5th, I'd keep him in until he gets into trouble. If its tied or they're behind through 4, definitely go to be Beckett in the 5th. If he can get you through 7 with the lead, they can go to Delcarmen or Timlin in the 8th or maybe try to get two innings from Papelbon. He's got look at using his entire pitching staff tonight with the exception of Schilling.

When the game got ugly last night, I figured neither manager would really blew out their bullpen knowing they had to have as many guys available for tonight. I think Wedge made a very wise move in using Laffey for almost 5 innings on Saturday considering he's not gotten any work in the postseason and he keeps his entire bullpen in play for tonight. Sabathia is probably available if needed much like Beckett.

As for crowning the Sox...I'd worry about the Rockies layoff but I guess you'll never know what this time off does to them until they play Game 1. As far as I'm concerned...the Rockies go into the Series as the slight favorites.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

GO ROCKIES.....
Sin,
NY fan......

I won't be able to stomach if the Sox win again. I'm still taking shit from my Beantown relatives over 04....this may drive me to drink more.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Toddowen wrote:I might run into a lot of sour frowns at work on Monday morning, I think.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

ImageImage Image Image

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

hey tod, how's about bustin' out the magic umbrella for us again.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Toddowen wrote:I don't think I'll be really satisfied in this post season by just a plain and easy sweep by the Rockies. I want this thing to go to 7 games ...

psssst -- I win, Todd. You LOSE.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Toddowen wrote:I don't think I'll be really satisfied in this post season by just a plain and easy sweep by the Rockies. I want this thing to go to 7 games with the Sox leading by a couple of runs in the 9th. Paplebon comes in to close, gives up a couple of runs, and the Rockies score the game winner on a single to left that Manny grabs and just lackadaisicaly tosses to the 2nd baseman....trying to hold the hitter to a single while the winning run scores from 2nd.

Either that, or Manny flips and lands on his head during a blizzard at Coors Field, and goes bawling like a baby into the clubhouse.
The 7th game being scheduled for Fenway may just put a damper on that scenario.

Sox in 6
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Toddowen wrote:RF.....what Milton said.
Which quote was that?

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."?

Looks like you've got a lot of Mattingly mothers and children to seduce, maybe. Are you ready, Todd?

:lol:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Toddowen wrote:RF.....what Milton said.
Oh Todd ...

Please pick up the Red courtesy phone.

Jackass.